In our March 2023 update about LG.Display’s LCD panels we brought you news of a new 49″ ultrawide panel in developed based on the company’s IPS Black technology. This went in to production during Q1, and we’ve now seen the first display announced featuring this new panel. The Dell UltraSharp U4924DW is that new display, offering a massive 49″ ultrawide format, a 32:9 aspect ratio and a 5120 x 1440 resolution, the same basically as dual 27″ 1440p displays joined together. Dell have been a key adopter of these new IPS Black panels, aimed currently at general, office and productivity uses as there are no high refresh rate panels available yet. We’ve tested in the past the Dell UltraSharp U3223QE which had one of the first IPS Black panels to market, in a 31.5″ screen size.
Dell UltraSharp U4924DW Specs
The U4924DW (Dell are really getting ahead of themselves with their 2024 line-up here!) is 49″ in size and has a 5120 x 1440 resolution IPS Black panel. In other specs there is a 5ms G2G response time, 2000:1 contrast ratio, 350 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles and a 10-bit colour depth. The screen has a wide colour gamut backlight covering 100% sRGB / Rec.709 and 98% DCI-P3. It comes factory calibrated with a dE <2 quoted.
For video connectivity there are 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x USB type-C (with DP Alt mode and 90W power delivery) and 2x HDMI ports. There is an auto KVM function too, along with 2x additional USB-C data ports (with 15W power delivery) 4x USB-A data ports, an audio output and an RJ45 network connection.
The stand offers tilt, height and swivel adjustments and also features integrated 2x 9W speakers.
Availability and Pricing
The screen is listed as available now on Dell.com at a price of $1499.99 USD, currently reduced from $1999.99 apparently.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023