MSI have recently unveiled their new MAG401QR display, a large 40″ ultrawide display with a 3440 x 1440 resolution IPS panel and a fairly high 155Hz refresh rate. The screen is primarily aimed at gaming and general uses and this is a fairly unusual size in the ultrawide space. There’s plenty of 34″ and 35″ models around, even some larger 45″ now in the OLED market, but this is a mid-ground 40″ sized screen. It could help improve immersion levels for gaming, or provide a larger font size for those who prefer things a little bigger.
MSI MAG401QR Specs
The screen is 40″ in size and has a 21:9 aspect ratio ultrawide panel. This is IPS-type technology, offering a 3440 x 1440 resolution, 1ms MPRT response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles and an 8-bit+FRC colour depth. There is also a wide colour gamut covering 118% relative sRGB, 90% Adobe RGB and 94% DCI-P3. There is a fairly high 155Hz refresh rate, and the screen also supports adaptive-sync for VRR from compatible NVIDIA and AMD systems.
For connectivity there are 1x DisplayPort, 2x HDMI (believe this to be v2.0) and 1x USB type-C (with DP Alt mode and 65W power delivery). There are also 2x USB-A data ports and a headphone jack available. There is support for PiP, PbP and KVM functions from the screen as well. The stand offers basic tilt adjustment only.
Pricing and Availability
It’s available for around $430 USD at the moment in the US.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023