For CES 2023 Asus have today announced their forthcoming ROG Strix XG49WCR gaming monitor. It’s a 49″ sized screen with a super ultrawide format and 32:9 aspect ratio. As with other 49″ displays on the market it has a 5120 x 1440 dual QHD resolution, and this model also has a 1800R curvature. The large screen also offers a fairly high 165Hz refresh rate, backed by adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. Other specs mentioned include an extended colour gamut with 125% sRGB coverage and a factory calibration with dE <2.
There’s a decent range of connectivity options available with DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0, USB type-C (with 65W power delivery), USB data ports and even an Ethernet port. The built-in RJ45 port also enables the XG49WCR to serve as a dock for laptops, providing them with network access via a single USB-C connection. The screen includes a Smart KVM switch that enables the user to use a keyboard and mouse to easily switch control between two devices connected to the monitor. When you move your cursor from one side of the screen to the other, the ROG Strix XG49WCR will automatically flip control from one machine to the other through Smart KVM, no manual switching required.
More information on specs, features, pricing and availability when we get it.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023