Asus have announced a new modestly sized ultra-wide screen in their ROG Strix gaming monitor line-up. The XG309CM is 30″ in size (well, 29.5″ to be exact) and offers a 2560 x 1080 resolution and an approximate 21:9 ultra-wide aspect ratio. It’s based on a ‘Fast IPS’ panel and offers a 200Hz refresh rate, supported by adaptive sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. A 1ms G2G response time is quoted, although take this with a pinch of salt. The screen also includes Asus’ ‘ELMB-sync’ technology, allowing for simultaneous use of the strobing blur reduction backlight with VRR.
USB type-C and KVM switch for improved versatility
The screen is not just aimed at gamers, with its versatility also being promoted by Asus heavily. It’s for people who want to game as well as work apparently. To make this possible Asus have included a USB type-C connector, and in addition to that, which can accept the common DisplayPort Alt Mode input available from many laptops, the XG309CM can serve as a KVM switch, controlling multiple connected devices with only one keyboard and mouse.
Camera mount support
A standard tripod socket atop the adjustable stand allows you to mount a tripod head or camera arm in the optimal position to capture a natural view of yourself if you want to share your reactions with the world during Twitch or YouTube streams.
The XG309CM is expected to go on sale in Q1 2022. More info on specs and pricing when we get it.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023