AOC are set to release a new 45″ ultrawide gaming monitor in their AGON series of screens, one that’s built around an OLED panel with a 240Hz refresh rate. It’s a curved model with an 800R curvature, and has other modern OLED specs like a 1000 nits peak brightness, 0.03ms G2G response time and 3440 x 1440 resolution. The high refresh rate is supported by adaptive-sync for variable refresh rates (VRR) from compatible NVIDIA and AMD systems.
Thanks to the OLED panel (an LG.Display WOLED variety) the screen can offer per-pixel level dimming, meaning no halos or blooming during usage. It can also achieve true blacks and a basically infinite contrast ratio (1.5M:1 quoted). Peak brightness is listed as 1000 nits for a 3% APL window size, 450 nits for 25% and 200 nits at 100% window size. There’s also a 10-bit colour depth support and a wide colour gamut covering 98.5% DCI-P3 and 100% sRGB.
The AG456UCZD includes 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x USB type-C (with DP Alt mode and 90W power delivery) and 2x HDMI 2.0 connections for video. There are also 4x USB 3.2 data ports and a headphone jack available.
The stand offers tilt, height and swivel adjustments. The screen also includes integrated 2x 8W speakers. On the back of the screen is AOC’s familiar ‘LightFX’ RGB lighting feature. A KVM function is supported along with PiP and PbP modes. We should also note that a ‘uniform brightness’ feature is included like seen on some other screens.
The AG456UCZD is the equivalent screen to the LG 45GR95QE and Acer Predator X27U. The Corsair Xeneon Flex 45WQHD240 that we’ve reviewed in full uses the same panel, but has a bendable format instead of a fixed curve, but will give you an idea of what the performance of the panel will be like.
Pricing and Availability
No word on this yet, but we will update this news piece when we have more information and an official press release.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023