Acer have today announced their new Predator X27U and Predator X45 gaming monitors, both built around OLED technology panels and with a high 240Hz refresh rate. The X27U is 27″ in size with a 2560 x 1440 resolution while the X45 is a large 45″ display ultrawide and curved format with 3440 x 1440 resolution. These are Acer’s alternatives to the already announced 27″ LG 27GR95QE, Asus ROG Swift PG27AQDM and Dough Spectrum ES07E2D displays, and also the 45″ Corsair Xeneon Flex 45WQHD240 (which is bendable) and LG UltraGear 45GR95QE (curved). Both new models are aimed at gamers with super fast response times, high refresh rate and excellent motion clarity. More information and details below.
Acer Predator X27U and X45 Specs
The Predator X27U is 27″ in size and has a 2560 x 1440 resolution OLED panel. Acer have opted for a fixed curvature to their new Predator X45 with an 800R curvature and this model is 45″ in size and has a 3440 x 1440 resolution. An adjustable metal stand with a sleek, yet sturdy metal base keeps the large monitor stable throughout gameplay.
Both screens offer near-instant response times thanks to their OLED panels with a 0.01ms G2G figure quoted. They also offer excellent motion clarity thanks to this fast response time, combined with a high 240Hz native refresh rate. You can see more about this in our hands on with Corsair’s display towards the end of last year. The high 240Hz native refresh rate is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR including AMD ‘FreeSync Premium’ certification.
Being based on OLED panels these displays can offer true blacks, per pixel dimming and near-infinite contrast ratio (1.5 million:1 quoted) for exceptional HDR performance. The screens are expected to be certified under the VESA DisplayHDR True Black scheme ready for launch, and Acer confirm in their press release that they have a 1000 nits peak brightness (at 3% APL). The typical SDR brightness is listed as 150 nits but it remains to be seen how ABL will behave. Both models also have a wide colour gamut with 98.5% DCI-P3 coverage quoted and a 10-bit colour depth.
The new screens will offer 1x DisplayPort 1.4 and 2x HDMI 2.0 connections for video Both models have a USB type-C data hub with 90W power delivery (but not DP Alt mode it seems) along with some USB ports. A KVM function is supported by the screens too and there’s an audio output along with 2x 5W integrated speakers.
- The Predator X27U will be available in North America in Q2, starting at USD $1,099; in EMEA in Q2, starting at EUR 1,099, and in China in Q1, starting at RMB 7,999.
- The PredatorX45 will be available in North America in Q2, starting at USD $1,699; in EMEA in Q2, starting at EUR 1,799, and in China in Q1, starting at RMB 12,999
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023