Acer have announced for CES 2022 their new 48″ sized Predator CG48 gaming display. The CG48 is based on an OLED technology panel, something that every manufacturer seems to be adopting now for these large format displays. This can offer exceptional per-pixel dimming, HDR experience, black depth and contrast ratio.
138Hz Refresh Rate (for PC)
The Predator CG48 offers a 138Hz refresh rate, clearly trying to out-do the wide range of 120Hz 48″ OLED options already available or announced. Although that extra 18Hz seems a bit random to be honest. The 138Hz will be possible from PC’s but for modern games consoles like the Xbox Series X/S and PS5, 4K at 120Hz will be your limit anyway due to the consoles themselves. The high refresh rate is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems, with VRR also being mentioned as supported over HDMI. The screen carries the AMD ‘FreeSync Premium Pro’ certification level as well to add assurances around performance. Acer talk about a 0.1ms G2G response time as well which is realistic for an OLED panel at least.
Predator CG48 Specs
In other specs Acer provided in the press release there is a 135,000:1 contrast ratio and a wide colour gamut covering 98% of the DCI-P3 colour space. HDR10 support is provided, but like most of the other monitor-oriented OLED displays there doesn’t seem to be support for HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats sadly. There are 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1xHDMI 2.1 and 3x HDMI 2.0 connections offered, along with 4x USB 3.2 ports and a USB type-C (with DP Alt mode, 65W power delivery). There is also a headphone connection and integrated 2x 10W speakers. The stand provides no adjustments but can be removed if you’d rather for VESA mounting (200 x 200mm).
The Predator CG48 gaming monitor will be available in North America in Q3 2022 starting at USD 2,499; in EMEA in Q3 2022 starting at EUR 2,199.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023