Why not steal a name from another display manufacturer? HP have recently announced their new X34 display, which is confusing when Acer have a model with the same name! Regardless, the new HP X34 offers a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide resolution IPS panel with a fairly rare flat format (not curved), combined with a 165Hz refresh rate and adaptive sync to support VRR from AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-sync systems.
HP X34 Specs
Spec wise the 34″ ultrawide IPS panel offers a 3440 x 1440 resolution, 1ms G2G response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 8-bit colour depth and a standard 99% sRGB colour gamut. Adaptive-sync is used to support VRR and accommodate the high 165Hz refresh rate (FreeSync Premium certified). We can barely bring ourselves to mention the so-called HDR 400 “support” here, with only the 400 cd/m2 brightness spec being relevant. There is no backlight local dimming, no 10-bit colour depth and no wide colour gamut offered on this model.
For connectivity there is 1x DisplayPort 1.4 and 1x HDMI 2.0 provided, along with an audio output. The stand offers tilt and height adjustments.
Update 12/8/21: The screen is listed on HP’s UK store at a price of £399.99. Availability is expected in October 2021
TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on Twitter||RSS Feeds|
Popular Trending News
- Samsung Display to Begin Production of a 34″ QD-OLED Panel for Monitor Usage
- LG C2 OLED TV Line-up Leaked Including the 42″ OLED42C2KNA
- MSI MEG ARTYMIS 341 Mini LED Announced with AMLED Backlight and QD Premium Color
- Gigabyte M27Q X with 27″ IPS Panel, 1440p and 240Hz Refresh Rate
- Asus ROG Strix XG309CM with 29.5″ Ultra-wide IPS Panel and 200Hz Announced
- Gigabyte Aorus FI32Q-X with 32″ IPS Panel, 1440p and 270Hz Refresh Rate