AOC have this week announced their new AGON Gaming U28G2XU2 monitor. This is a 28″ sized screen featuring a 4K resolution and 144Hz refresh rate, and is the successor to their U28G2XU display. It’s obviously aimed at gamers but is positioned equally between PC and console gamers. HDMI 2.1 connectivity is also featured to accommodate the latest games consoles and capabilities.
AOC AGON U28G2XU2 Specs
The U28G2XU2 is 28″ in size and has a 3840 x 2160 “4K” resolution IPS-type panel. There is a 1ms G2G quoted response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 370 nits brightness (400 nits in HDR), 178/178 viewing angles. An 8-bit colour depth is also listed along with a wide colour gamut with 93% DCI-P3 coverage quoted. A 1ms MPRT spec is also quoted and a blur reduction backlight mode listed.
The high 144Hz native refresh rate is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. This includes AMD ‘FreeSync Premium’ certification and a range of 48 – 144Hz with LFC supported too.
Further customisation options in the monitor’s OSD settings include six game modes, features such as Dial Point (crosshair overlay), Game Colour (colour saturation) and Shadow Control so gamers can get the most out of their games and gain the upper edge against their opponents.
HDMI 2.1 connectivity and other features
There are 2x DisplayPort 1.4 and 2x HDMI 2.1 connections provided for video. After asking AOC for clarification they have confirmed that the HDMI 2.1 ports run at 24 Gbps bandwidth with DSC available. This means for DSC capable devices (including the Xbox Series X as we understand it) it can support 4K 120Hz and at 4:4:4 chroma where content supports it, which may of course be rare. For non-DSC devices (like we believe the PS5) this would be limited to 4K 120Hz 4:2:0 chroma, which means a drop relative to the PS5’s maximum support at 4:2:2 chroma. The screen does support HDMI-VRR we are told, as well as ALLM.
PiP and PbP modes are supported from these multiple inputs too. The screen also includes 2x 3W speakers. The stand offers a full range of tilt, height, swivel and rotate adjustments.
Pricing and availability
AOC GAMING U28G2XU2 will be available from July 2022 at a MSRP of £689.99 in the UK.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023