A new model from Acer’s gaming line-up of monitors has appeared recently on Chinese retailer, Taobao. The XR383CUR is a large 37.5″ sized ultrawide screen with a 3840 x 1600 resolution and 165Hz refresh rate. It also supports adaptive sync for VRR from both AMD and NVIDIA systems, has HDR 600 support, and offers a range of modern connectivity options.
The 37.5″ screen has a subtle 2300R curvature and uses a 3840 x 1600 resolution IPS panel and offers a 1ms G2G (0.5ms minimum) response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 10-bit colour depth (8-bit+FRC) and a wide colour gamut with 95% DCI-P3 coverage quoted. The high refresh rate of 165Hz is supported with adaptive sync allowing for VRR from both AMD and NVIDIA systems.
Factory calibrated and HDR 600 support
There is an sRGB emulation mode listed which also carries a factory calibration with dE <1 targeted for accuracy. The screen also carries the DisplayHDR 600 certification which means there is some local dimming capability (simple, low zone edge lit) along with a 750 cd/m2 peak brightness and the colour enhancements already listed above.
Connectivity including HDMI 2.1
For connectivity there are 1x DisplayPort 1.4, then 2x HDMI 2.1 (console owners will be pleased!) and also 1x USB type-C provided (inc DP Alt mode, 65W power delivery and upstream data). Whilst games consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X don’t natively support the resolution, there’s potential to run 16:9 resolutions such as 1440p (where supported) and 1080p at 120Hz given the inclusion of HDMI 2.1. There is also a headphone jack on the back of the screen or there are also 2x 7W integrated speakers for sound. Additionally there are 2x USB 3.0 ports on the right hand edge for easy access. The stand offers tilt and height adjustments.
Information on pricing and availability in key regions is not yet announced.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023