Every manufacturer seems to be getting in on the 32″ 4K high refresh rate market, some with multiple screens being announced. We’ve seen a flurry of new 4K 144Hz models announced in recent months, and the first few start to appear on the market including the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX (very high end with Mini LED backlight for HDR), and Gigabyte Aorus FI32U (more modestly priced without the Mini LED) that we reviewed in recent times. But 4K 144Hz is old news now, right? What you really want is 150Hz, just think of that extra 6Hz!
Anyway, joking aside, ViewSonic have recently released details of their new VX3220-4K-Pro display which offers a 31.5″ sized IPS panel and a slightly overclocked 150Hz refresh rate. It also includes adaptive sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems, and USB type-C and HDMI 2.1 connectivity options. Please excuse the low res photos at this stage, ViewSonic only provide really poor quality pics on their site at the moment.
ViewSonic VX3220-4K-Pro Specs
The 31.5″ screen has an IPS technology panel and offers a 3840 x 2160 resolution, 1ms G2G response time (‘fastest’ mode), 1000:1 contrast ratio, 350 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 1.07b colour depth (8-bit+FRC) and an extended colour gamut covering 100% sRGB and 83% Adobe RGB. The screen also comes factory calibrated apparently with a dE <2 target.
The panel has a native 144Hz refresh rate, but the screen also includes a small (and fairly pointless) 150Hz refresh rate overclock. The high 4K 150Hz combination is supported via adaptive sync for VRR from compatible NVIDIA and AMD systems.
There is minimal HDR capability with only the HDR 400 certification achieved, so don’t expect much here.
Connectivity and other features
For connectivity there are 2x HDMI 2.1, 2x DisplayPort 1.4 and a USB type-C connection (65W power delivery) provided as well as 2x USB 3.0 downstream ports. PiP and PbP features are supported as well. There are 2x 2W basic integrated speakers included as well as an audio out connection. The stand offers tilt, height, swivel and rotate adjustments.
Some initial information is available on ViewSonic’s Chinese page, but no word on availability and pricing in regions like Europe and the US yet.
Source: ViewSonic Chinese page
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023