Dell have announced this week their new 31.5″ sized G3223D gaming display, with a 1440p resolution, 165Hz refresh rate and USB type-C connectivity. It includes variable refresh rate and a wide colour gamut as well. This should not be confused with the G3223Q which was announced at the same time and has a very similar appearance – that model has a 32″ 4K 144Hz display with HDMI 2.1 also added. More info below about the G3223D.
Dell G3223D Specs
The screen is 31.5″ in size and features an IPS-type panel. It has a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 1ms G2G quoted response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 8-bit+FRC colour depth and a wide colour gamut covering 95% of the DCI-P3 reference space. The screen is also factory calibrated with a dE < 2 in sRGB mode and dE <3 for native DCI-P3 mode apparently.
The G3223D has a 165Hz native refresh rate and is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. The screen has been certified under both the NVIDIA ‘G-sync Compatible’ and AMD ‘FreeSync Premium Pro’ schemes Dell state.
Connectivity wise there are 1x DisplayPort 1.4 and 2x HDMI 2.0 ports offered, along with a USB type-C (DP Alt mode, 15W power delivery) for single cable connectivity from supported laptops and devices. PiP and PbP are supported too. There are an additional 2x USB 3 ports and a headphone jack provided. The stand offers tilt, height and swivel adjustments.
Pricing and availability
According to a Dell press release this week, the G3223D will be available in EMEA on March 18, 2022 for $719.99 USD.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
All The Best CES 2024 Monitor news!
If you want all the best display news from this year’s CES event in one, easy to follow summary, check out our round-up video here.
Stay up to date
|Follow us on X (Twitter)
Popular Trending News
- IPS Black, Dual-mode Refresh Rates and other New LCD Panels for 2024 – LG.Display Roadmap January 30, 2024
- NVIDIA DSR and DLDSR do Work with DSC Monitors…Sometimes February 9, 2024
- LG Release the 27GS95QE, a Brighter Version of Their 27″ 240Hz OLED Monitor January 27, 2024
- Asus ROG Swift PG27AQDP with 27″ 1440p 480Hz OLED Panel Unveiled January 9, 2024
- Dell UltraSharp U3824DW with 38″ Ultrawide IPS Black Panel Released February 7, 2024
- MSI MPG321URX 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Monitor Full Details Now Available January 5, 2024
- Dell UltraSharp U4025QW with 40″ 5120 x 2160 IPS Black Panel and 120Hz Refresh Rate January 4, 2024
- Dell Release New Firmware to Address Some Early Issues on Their Alienware AW3225QF February 6, 2024