While not a brand who are currently recognised in the monitor market, Chinese electronics manufacturer Skyworth are set to release a new 48″ sized gaming screen with an OLED panel. The Skyworth G90 (full product name Skyworth F48G9U) offers an alternative to popular 48″ OLED displays like LG’s CX and C1 models perhaps in some regions. Like the recently announced Gigabyte Aorus FO48U, it seems to be more specifically aimed at desktop PC gaming and usage than the LG models which are more aimed at the TV and console gaming space, although still popular as PC monitors. Like those screens the G90 offers a 4K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate and per-pixel dimming for excellent HDR performance.
Spec wise the 48″ OLED panel offers a 3840 x 2160 “4K” resolution, native 120Hz refresh rate and adaptive-sync for VRR support from compatible NVIDIA and AMD systems. There is also a 1ms (realistic) response time spec quoted. The screen has a wide colour gamut with 99% DCI-P3 coverage quoted and a 10-bit colour depth too. There is mention of a 3D LUT in the features which implies hardware calibration support, like the LG OLED TV’s. Calman support is also mentioned.
For HDR the per pixel dimming of the OLED panel offers exceptional performance and near infinite contrast ratios. The screen will also reportedly offer a peak brightness of 900 cd/m2, which pushes it beyond the LG CX and C1, although remains to be seen how achievable this is. HDR10 and Dolby Vision are both supported too.
The back of the screen has some RGB lighting as shown above, and the stand even provides a simple side to side swivel adjustment. It can be removed if you’d rather for VESA 200mm x 200mm mounting. 2x 8W built in speakers support Dolby Atmos sound as well apparently. A remote control is provided with the display too.
For connectivity there are 2x HDMI 2.1 and 1x HDMI 2.0 ports listed along with 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 ports and an audio output. a LAN port and Wi-Fi 6 are also included.
The G90 is currently on pre-sale for 7499 yuan (~$1,170) but the final price will be 14,999 yuan (~$2,270). The Skyworth G90 Gaming Monitor is presently available on Jingdong (JD.com).
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023