LG have this week announced their new 32GQ850 display, a 31.5″ sized monitor which offers a 1440p resolution and 260Hz overclocked refresh rate. Interestingly this is also promoted as using an A-TW polarizer which is designed to improve black depth and off-angle performance from its Nano IPS panel. There’s not a huge amount of information about this screen yet, but what we know so far is included below.
LG 32GQ850 Specs
The screen is 31.5″ in size and features a Nano IPS panel. It has a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 1ms G2G response time spec, 400 cd/m2 brightness, and 178/178 viewing angles. There is a 240Hz native refresh rate which can be boosted to 260Hz via an overclocking feature, and this is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. It also carries the ‘G-sync Compatible’ and ‘FreeSync Premium Pro’ certifications.
For connections there are 2x HDMI 2.1 and 1x DisplayPort 1.4 offered, along with 2x USB ports and a headphone jack. The stand offers tilt, height and swivel adjustments.
VESA DisplayHDR 600
Elsewhere the screen has HDR 600 certification meaning it can support a peak brightness of 600 nits+. It also includes a wide colour gamut with 98% DCI-P3 gamut coverage quoted. Don’t expect much here in terms of local dimming capability as the screen will be edge-lit only.
A-TW Polarizer returns!
Like their also announced 32GQ950 monitor, interestingly LG also specifically mention an A-TW (Advanced True Wide) polarizer film for this monitor, something that hasn’t been seen for IPS screens for many years, but that can help improve off-angle blacks and darker content. It’s great to see this being included again on IPS panels which are often criticised for their “IPS glow”.
More information on pricing, availability and specs when we get it.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- AOC Launch CU34G2XE and CU34G2XP 34″ Ultrawide Gaming Monitors November 30, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023