In November 2022 MSI teased their forthcoming “Project 491C” gaming screen, a massive 49″ super-ultrawide display with a QD-OLED technology panel and 240Hz refresh rate! This will be the second QD-OLED panel size to be released to the monitor market by Samsung, after their 34″ ultrawide panel was adopted in excellent displays like the Dell Alienware AW3423DW earlier this year. The new 49″ super-ultrawide panel will offer the same great benefits of this technology, but in a new format.
MSI Project 491C specs and details we know so far
This is all that MSI have officially said about the screen so far via their Twitter in Nov 2022:
What we can assume though given this is an underlying Samsung panel, and in the past they have produced VA panels of the same size, is that the screen will offer some of the following specs and features. We can also draw some conclusions based on Samsung’s own OLED G9 display that was announced at CES in January 2023 and will be based on the same underlying panel:
- An 1800R curvature. The “C” in the MSI product name likely stands for “curved” too
- A 5120 x 1440 resolution, basically like dual 1440p monitors joined together
- There is a 240Hz refresh rate, we know that much already! – for details on likely motion clarity and performance of a 240Hz OLED panel, see the information we provided in our news piece about LG’s recently announced 27″ 1440p 240Hz OLED monitor
- A Samsung QD-OLED panel offering per pixel dimming, near instant response times, true blacks and a near infinite contrast ratio
- 0.1ms G2G response time spec likely, to align with Samsung’s own model
More information on specs, features, availability and everything else when we get it!
Update 31 May 2023 – the screen is apparently due to be released in Q4 2023 but MSI still have not announced any further details or specs at this time
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023