Originally published 6 September 2021, last updated 15 October 2021
Acer have released information about a new model in their Nitro gaming line-up. The Acer Nitro XV272U KF is 27″ in size and features a 2560 x 1440 (Quad HD) resolution panel, combined with a high refresh rate of 300Hz. This pushes the refresh rate of 1440p displays even higher than recent 240Hz models, which is bound to be attractive to gamers. It’s based on an IPS technology panel and supports adaptive-sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. There is also a quoted 0.5ms minimum G2G response time (to be taken with a pinch of salt) and VESA Display HDR 600 certification.
Acer XV272U KF specs
- 27″ screen size
- 2560 x 1440 resolution (Quad HD, 1440p)
- So-called “Agile-splendor” IPS technology panel which looks to be one of Innolux’s new panels we covered in our most recent article
- 300Hz refresh rate (native by the look of things, not needing an overclock)
- Adaptive-sync for VRR including AMD FreeSync Premium certification
- 0.5ms minimum G2G response time quoted
- 90% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Factory calibrated with dE <1
- Eyesafe certified for low blue light
- VESA DisplayHDR 600 certified – which will require some local dimming (edge lit here) as well as wide colour gamut and 10-bit colour depth support
HDR 600 support
The screen achieves the VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification with the requirement for some basic edge-lit local dimming, along with a wide colour gamut covering 90% DCI-P3 and a 10-bit colour depth input.
Acer Vision Care 3.0
Acer Vision Care 3.0 technology brings several features that may help reduce eye strain during prolonged usage for a more comfortable viewing experience. For example, Acer LightSense detects the amount of ambient light in an environment and adjusts the display’s brightness accordingly, and Acer ColorSense matches the display’s colour temperature to that of the surrounding environment. Additionally, the monitor is TÜV/Eyesafe certified.
Ergonomic adjustments and
The Nitro XV272U KF monitor sits on an Ergostand that allows users to find the perfect viewing angle by adjusting its tilt, height, swivel and pivot. It also includes the Acer Display Widget, a tool that allows gamers to automatically adjust colour settings and choose from a range of 11 preset screen-snap configurations to simplify the process of keeping multiple windows tidy.
Pricing and Availability
According to the latest press release after a recent Acer press event, the Nitro XV272U KF monitor will be available in North America in November at USD 1,099.99; in EMEA in November at EUR 1,149; and in China in November at RMB 6,999.
TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on Twitter||RSS Feeds|
Popular Trending News
- Samsung Display to Begin Production of a 34″ QD-OLED Panel for Monitor Usage
- LG C2 OLED TV Line-up Leaked Including the 42″ OLED42C2KNA
- MSI MEG ARTYMIS 341 Mini LED Announced with AMLED Backlight and QD Premium Color
- Gigabyte M27Q X with 27″ IPS Panel, 1440p and 240Hz Refresh Rate
- Asus ROG Strix XG309CM with 29.5″ Ultra-wide IPS Panel and 200Hz Announced
- Gigabyte Aorus FI32Q-X with 32″ IPS Panel, 1440p and 270Hz Refresh Rate