Originally published 17 Dec 2020, last updated 26 Oct 2021
Details of this new screen from Philips first appeared on Chinese retailer Taobao in Dec 2020 but now the 329M1RV in their ‘Momentum’ line-up is officially announced by Philips. The 329M1RV is a 31.5″ sized monitor offering a 3840 x 2160 “4K” resolution ‘Fast IPS’ technology panel along with a 144Hz refresh rate. It uses adaptive sync to support Variable Refresh Rates (VRR) from both NVIDIA and AMD systems, and also includes the latest HDMI 2.1 connectivity making it suitable for modern Xbox and PS5 games consoles. This includes support for 4K @ 120Hz and VRR too. In fact this model is part of Philips’ “Designed for Xbox” line-up, supposedly optimised for compatibility and performance from that Microsoft console.
Philips 329M1RV Specs
Spec wise the 31.5″ sized screen offers a 3840 x 2160 4K resolution, 1ms G2G quoted response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 10-bit colour depth and a wide colour gamut covering 124% sRGB (CIE 1931), 111% Adobe RGB (CIE 1976) and 95% DCI-P3 colour gamut.
A 1ms MPRT spec is also listed which implies the inclusion of a blur reduction backlight mode. VRR performance is certified under the FreeSync Premium scheme by the way.
HDR performance is limited, with the screen only carrying the lowly HDR 400 certification. Don’t expect anything particularly beneficial in terms of HDR capabilities here.
Ambiglow technology included along with DTS sound
The specs list inclusion of Philips’ Ambiglow technology for creating nice RGB lighting effects as seen on many of their TV models. There is also DTS sound supported by the integrated 2x 5W speakers. The screen also carried a factory calibration with dE <2 quoted
Connectivity includes HDMI 2.1 for console gaming
1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x USB type-C (inc DP Alt mode and 65W power delivery) and 3x HDMI 2.1 ports are available for connectivity along with an audio output. The stand includes tilt, swivel and height adjustments.
The 329M1RV is expected to be available in November 2021 at a retail price of £899.99 in the UK.
Source: Philips spec page
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023