MSI have recently launched a new 32″ sized monitor in their MAG range, offering a 4K resolution and 160Hz refresh rate combined. It offers an attractive option for PC and console gaming, also featuring HDMI 2.1 ports to support the latest PS5 and Xbox consoles.
MSI MAG 323UPF Specs
The screen is 32″ in size and has a 3840 x 2160 “4K” resolution IPS-type panel. There is a 1ms G2G response time spec, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 440 cd/m2 brightness (SDR), 178/178 viewing angles, an 8-bit+FRC colour depth (supporting 10-bit content) and a wide colour gamut backlight covering 95% of the DCI-P3 reference, along with 93.6% Adobe RGB and ~125.7% sRGB.
The screen also has a native 160Hz refresh rate, and this is supported by adaptive-sync for VRR from compatible NVIDIA and AMD systems. This has a VRR range of 48 – 160Hz, and the screen is also expected to include certifications under the AMD ‘FreeSync Premium Pro’ and NVIDIA ‘G-sync Compatible’ schemes.
In terms of HDR the screen conforms to the VESA DisplayHDR 600 tier, which requires a peak brightness of 600 nits, support for 10-bit colour depth and a wide colour gamut. It also requires some kind of local dimming, with simple edge-lit dimming included here.
Connectivity and Stand
The screen has 1x DisplayPort 1.4 (with DSC), 2x HDMI 2.1 and 1x USB type-C (with DP Alt mode and 90W power delivery) for video. MSI mention the HDMI 2.1 ports as supporting “up to 48Gbps”, and being able to support the full 4K @160Hz, although additional features like HDMI-VRR that can be useful for consoles are not listed.
There are also 3x USB data ports and a headphone connection available. The screen can support multiple video inputs with various PiP and PbP modes, and also includes a KVM function. The stand features tilt, height and swivel adjustments.
Availability and Pricing
The MAG 323UPF is expected to be available soon at a retail price ~$700 USD.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- AOC Porsche Design PD49 to be Released with 49″ Curved Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate November 25, 2023