Acer have today announced their new Predator Z57 display, a massive 57″ ultrawide screen with a 32:9 aspect ratio, dual 4K resolution of 7680 x 2160 and 120Hz refresh rate. It’s an alternative option to the already available Samsung Odyssey G95NC, although that model does have a higher 240Hz refresh rate. The new Acer screen also has a 2304 zone Mini LED backlight for high end HDR performance and the VA technology panel has a 1000R curvature.
2304-zone Mini LED backlight
The 2304-zone Mini LED backlight will offer a high level of local dimming support for the panel for HDR, helping reduce halos and blooming compared with models with fewer zones. This also allows the screen to reach peak brightness up to 1000 nits, allowing it to meet the VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification tier. This also includes a wide colour gamut covering 98% of the DCI-P3 reference space, as well as 10-bit colour depth support (8-bit+FRC).
The screen will feature USB type-C (with DP Alt mode, data and 90W power delivery), HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 connections according to the press release. There are also 4x USB data ports and an audio output provided. DP 1.4 can handle this resolution and refresh rate by the way using DSC, it does not need to use DP 2.1 or any of the new UHBR speeds to achieve this.
- Related content: When is DisplayPort 2.1 Going to be Used on Monitors?
The screen features adaptive-sync for VRR and is certified under the AMD ‘FreeSync Premium’ scheme. The ultra-wide viewing area is ideal for multi-tasking along with productivity-enhancing features, which include picture-by-picture (PBP) that splits the screen in half to showcase output from two different sources simultaneously, and picture-in-picture (PIP) that divides the screen with displays on the main screen and another in an inset window.
There is also a built-in KVM function allowing the use of a single keyboard and mouse to control multiple systems that are connected to the screen. The stand offers tilt, height and swivel adjustments and there’s also 2x 10W integrated speakers.
Pricing and Availability
The Predator Z57 will be available in North America in Q2 2024, starting at $2,499.99 USD; in EMEA in Q2 2024, starting at EUR 2,399, and in China in Q1 2024, starting at RMB 17,999. More info on specs, features etc when we get it.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
All The Best CES 2024 Monitor news!
If you want all the best display news from this year’s CES event in one, easy to follow summary, check out our round-up video here.
Stay up to date
|Follow us on X (Twitter)
Popular Trending News
- IPS Black, Dual-mode Refresh Rates and other New LCD Panels for 2024 – LG.Display Roadmap January 30, 2024
- NVIDIA DSR and DLDSR do Work with DSC Monitors…Sometimes February 9, 2024
- LG Release the 27GS95QE, a Brighter Version of Their 27″ 240Hz OLED Monitor January 27, 2024
- Asus ROG Swift PG27AQDP with 27″ 1440p 480Hz OLED Panel Unveiled January 9, 2024
- Dell UltraSharp U3824DW with 38″ Ultrawide IPS Black Panel Released February 7, 2024
- MSI MPG321URX 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Monitor Full Details Now Available January 5, 2024
- Dell UltraSharp U4025QW with 40″ 5120 x 2160 IPS Black Panel and 120Hz Refresh Rate January 4, 2024
- Dell Release New Firmware to Address Some Early Issues on Their Alienware AW3225QF February 6, 2024