ViewSonic have this week announced their new VG3281 monitor, a 31.5″ sized screen with a very high 7680 x 4320 “8K” resolution. This offers an extremely high pixel density of ~280 PPI, making it very well suited to design work, CAD/CAM and other professional uses. The screen also features a range of modern conveniences like USB type-C connectivity.
ViewSonic VG3281 Specifications
The VG3281 features an IPS-type panel with a 7680 x 4320 “8K” resolution. It has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 10-bit colour depth and a wide colour gamut backlight offering 99% DCI-P3 and 99% Adobe RGB coverage. This makes it well suited to professional and photography uses. The screen also comes factory calibrated with a dE <1 listed. The monitor is a 60Hz-only display by the way, not aimed at gaming.
The stand offers a full range of tilt, height, swivel and rotate adjustments. For connectivity there are 1x USB type-C (with DP Alt mode, 96W power delivery and data), 1x DisplayPort 1.4 and 2x HDMI 2.1 inputs. 3x USB data ports and an audio output are also featured, along with 2x 3W integrated speakers.
Pricing and Availability
The monitor is currently listed on Chinese retailer Taobao for the equivalent of ~$2400 USD. More news on availability and pricing in other key regions when we get it.
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this news piece – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Monitor Deals Tracker November 27, 2023
- Dell Announce New Alienware 27″ 1440p 360Hz and 32″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors October 23, 2023
- Asus Announced ROG Swift PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023
- Monitor OLED Panel Roadmap Updates – March 2023 March 27, 2023
- MSI Officially Announce Range of New QD-OLED Monitors November 2, 2023
- Red Magic 4K Gaming Monitor Announced with 5088-zone Mini LED Backlight November 23, 2023
- Dell U2724D and U2724DE 27″ Monitors Announced with the First 120Hz ‘IPS Black’ Panels November 1, 2023
- Asus Announce ROG Swift PG34WCDM with 34″ OLED Panel and 240Hz Refresh Rate August 22, 2023