Originally published 11 May 2022, last updated 24 May 2022
There is very little information about this yet, but we will keep you updated when more information appears. In a recent AU Optronics promotional video they mentioned the fact that they are working on the World’s first 480Hz refresh rate monitor panel. It will be 24″ in size and offer a 1920 x 1080 FHD (1080p) resolution combined with a super-high 480Hz refresh rate. Interestingly this will be a TN Film panel, which you don’t see a lot of in today’s market but that could be very interesting for competitive and professional gamers. This is still a popular size and resolution in that market.
The AUO video is embedded below at the relevant point.
Update 24/5/22 – Asus have also now announced their new ROG Swift 500Hz display which should be based on this new panel, more information about this new screen including further insight on specs and performance can be found in our news piece here.
TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk.
Stay up to date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on Twitter||RSS Feeds||Support Us|
Popular Trending News
- Dell UltraSharp U3023E with Rare 30″ 16:10 Aspect Ratio and 2560 x 1600 Resolution
- Acer Launch Several New Monitors at Global Press Event including 4K 160Hz Predator XB273K LV
- LG Display OLED News Round-up from SID Including a 42″ Bendable Panel and Increased Brightness Tech
- MSI MEG ARTYMIS 341 Mini LED Announced with AMLED Backlight and QD Premium Color
- Acer Predator X32 FP with 32″ 4K 165Hz Panel and 576-zone Mini LED Backlight
- VESA Launch AdaptiveSync Certification Scheme and Logos – Our Take and Analysis