Better than last year’s C2? – Full review and testing of the LG 42C3 OLED display as a monitor
A detailed review of the new 2023 42” C3 OLED display from LG, considering it for desktop monitor use. Including a comparison with last year’s C2 model. Is it better and is it worth upgrading or buying over the old model?
Buy relevant products (affiliate links):
- Buy the LG 42C3 (2023) from Amazon: https://locally.link/CFrN
- Buy the LG 42C2 (2022) from Amazon: https://locally.link/tDQc
- Buy Asus ROG Swift PG42UQ from Amazon: https://locally.link/osHG
- Buy KTC G42P5 from Amazon: https://locally.link/gdC9
Related content and useful links for this video
- Get our calibrated ICC profile by joining our Patreon supporters
- OLED dimming, ABL, ASBL explained
- META panels, MLA and OLED panel updates
- LG AutoCal and hardware calibration guide
- LG 42C2 review
- Asus ROG Swift PG42UQ review
- LG 42C2 vs Asus PG42UQ shootout video
- 5 things to know before you buy an OLED monitor, video
- Here’s Why You Should Only Enable HDR Mode on Your PC When You Are Viewing HDR Content
We may earn a commission if you purchase from our affiliate links in this review – TFTCentral is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. We also participate in a similar scheme for Overclockers.co.uk, Newegg, Bestbuy and some manufacturers.
Stay Up to Date
|Browser Alerts||Follow us on X (Twitter)||Subscribe||Support Us|
Popular Trending Reviews
- Asus ROG Swift Pro PG248QP November 13, 2023 The fastest gaming monitor available, with a 540Hz refresh rate E-TN panel, ULMB 2, Native G-sync and Reflex Latency Analyzer included
- KTC G27P6 OLED November 2, 2023 The new 27″ OLED display from KTC, with 1440p resolution, 240Hz refresh rate and features like KVM and USB type-C connectivity
- LG 27GL850 August 15, 2019 A detailed look at the new 27″ 1440p high refresh rate IPS gaming display from LG. With a DCI-P3 gamut, 1ms G2G response time spec and 144Hz refresh rate. Can it live up to all the hype?
- Samsung Odyssey OLED G95SC August 4, 2023 The new 49″ super ultrawide G9 screen from Samsung, this time with a 240Hz refresh rate QD-OLED panel and 5120 x 1440 resolution
- Battle of the 27″ 240Hz OLED monitors! Asus PG27AQDM vs. KTC G27P6 November 8, 2023 A direct comparison of two 27″ 240Hz OLED monitors. The KTC G27P6 and the Asus ROG Swift PG27AQDM. Which one is better?
- Budget Gaming Monitors 2020 June 18, 2020 A round up review article and testing of many current budget gaming monitors, from key manufacturers and all at a retail price of under £250 GBP. Including the AOC 24G2U, AOC 27G2U, Asus TUF Gaming VG24VQ, LG 24GL650, Pixio PX247 and ViewSonic VX2458-C.